TACO SALAD BOWL
(Reduced Sodium, Low Fat, Low Carb)
- Lean beef mince (I used 93% lean) – could also use chicken or turkey mince.
- Low/reduced sodium Taco Seasoning.
- Reduced sodium/no added salt black beans.
- 1-2 low carb tortilla wraps (I used Mission whole wheat wraps which have only 4g impact carbs per wrap).
- Shredded cabbage.
- Diced tomato.
- Grated carrot.
- Reduced fat/light mayo.
- Turn you oven on to bake at around 350 Fahrenheit. Cut tortilla wrap(s) into small squares & spread on a non-stick tray. I sprayed mine with a small amount of PAM zero cal cooking spray. Keep an eye on these as they brown pretty quickly.
- Brown mince in a non-stick pan.
- Drain & rinse black beans (rinsing will further reduce sodium).
- Add taco seasoning & black beans to your mince and stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Combine carrot, tomato, cabbage in a large bowl.
- Add mince mixture, crispy tortilla pieces & a tablespoon of light mayo.
Mix & enjoy!